WHAT IS CAREER COACHING, ANYWAY?

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 Gabby Bill 0 Comments



A lot of times I think we assume that when we're knee deep in something, it must mean that everyone around us also understands our world. Our depth of knowledge in a subject, and the fact that we often work with people with similar backgrounds, leads us to forget just how much we speak in jargon and live in a bubble.

This point really hit me a few nights ago when I was talking to one of my closest friends and she gave me a dose of reality: "I didn't really understand what you do," she said. "Now that we've spoken, I understand the value of a career coach, but before we spoke, I would never have ever thought I'd need you."

It sort of felt like one of those cartoon moments when a giant anvil drops out of the sky and falls right on top of your head...only thankfully, I knew how to remedy this problem (and it didn't involve waiting for the cartoon birds flying around my head to disappear).

The video below is the first of many I'll be creating. In it, I walk you through three things that coaching IS and two things that coaching ISN'T, and although this just scratches the surface, it hopefully leaves you with a better understanding of why coaching can be so impactful.

Guys, this is literally the first video I've ever created, so PLEASE share your feedback with me. If this video sparks any additional thoughts or questions, leave them in the comments section below or feel free to reach out via email or social media (there are links in the nav bar at the top of the blog).

I can't wait to hear what you think, and I hope you find the content helpful!

0 comments: